- Explanation: Describes how things happen. Section explanatory texts include a general statement, explanatory series, and cover or interpretation.
- Procedure: Describes how membuatsesuatu. Part text among other preliminary procedures, tools and materials as well as steps.
- Narrative: Telling an event. The structure consists of orientation, complication and resolution.
- Descriptive: It tells you something but more specific. The structure consists of the identification, classification / definition and description of parts
Types of explanatory text
- According to the phenomenon
- Natural phenomena
An event that occurred around the nature of life, such as natural disasters.
- The social phenomena
An event that occurred in the community
- According to the dessert section
There is a part of the cover: the cover portion at the end of the text.
- No part of the cover: there is no cover at the end of the text.
- Example of explanatory text
Example Explanation Text and Explanatory Notes
earthquake image for a full description and examples along with explanation text
How Earthquakes Happen
Earthquake is one of the most destroying natural disasters. Often unluckily it happens in Several regions. Recently a horrible earthquake has shaken West Sumatra. It has brought great damages. Why did it occur? Do you know how an earthquake happens?
Earthquakes are usually the caused when the underground rock Suddenly breaks along a fault. This sudden release of energy causes the seismic waves. It is the make the ground shake. When two blocks of rock or two plates are rubbing against each other, they stick a little. They do not just slide smoothly. The rocks are still pushing against each other, but not moving. After a while, the rocks break because of all the pressure that’s built up. When the rocks break, the earthquake Occurs.
During the earthquake and afterward, the plates or blocks of rock start moving, and they continue to move until they get stuck again. The spot where the rock breaks underground is called the focus of the earthquake. The place right above the focus is called the epicenter of the earthquake
The first paragraph is about General Statement (general statement). Viewed from the text certainly is an Earthquake GSnya happening.
The second paragraph: Squenced of explanation is an explanation of how the Earthquake could occur. Earthquakes can occur basically because it “breaks Suddenly underground rock along a fault”. Another explanation is about the chronology of how the underground rock breaks along a fault.
Third paragraph: closing certifying that the earth’s shifting plates have persisted and explained that the point where the rock beneath the earth experienced a fracture (where the rock breaks) referred to as the Focus of the eartquake and place on top of the point called the epicenter of earthquake